Candle Care Guide
Important hints and tips to be aware of before lighting your candle.
Before lighting your candle for the first time, it is important to burn the candle until the wax melts across the entire surface of the jar until it reaches the edges. By doing this, this will prevent ‘tunnelling’ and will create an even burn throughout the candle’s life. This may take 2-3 hours, so please be patient when burning your candle for the first time.
- Trim the wick each time the candle is lit. This helps prevent the flame from getting too large.
- Keep lit candles away from draughts, ceiling fans and any air currents. Any form of air current can cause uneven burning, smoking, diminish the scent throw and even decrease the burn time.
- Place candle on a heat resistant surface and away from objects.
- Try to always use a candle snuffer to extinguish your candles as this will prevent the wick from moving and wax from spilling.
- Candle should not be burned for more than 2-3 hours at a time.
- For safety reasons we recommend extinguishing the candle when it has approx. 2mm of wax left in the jar. If left to burn after the wax has all evaporated the metal wick tab can overheat and cause the glass to crack. The remaining wax can either be tipped out or washed out in warm soapy water
To prevent fire incidents & serious injury never leave lit candles unattended.
Keep away from drafts & curtains.
Keep out of reach of children and pets
Never move a lit candle
Never burn candles near flammable items (curtains/beds etc)
Sit candles on a stable, fire resistent plate during burning.